for further information
CALL US NOW (01354) 653649

Quality Retirement Homes

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the criteria for going on the list?

Our schemes are retirement complexes with the emphasis on enabling our residents to live independently. Prospective residents need to be 55 years or over and currently live independently. It does not matter if you are still working, retired, or rent/own your present home. If your partner does not meet the age criteria you will still be able to register.

What is the procedure for applying for a property?

We will ask you to complete a Expression of Interest form, and, providing that you meet our initial criteria you will be placed on our waiting list. Once a property becomes available we will ask you to complete a Needs & Risk Assessment Form. The outcome of this form shows us whether our retirement homes are suitable for your needs.

Can I move in straight away?

How long you will be waiting will depend on how quickly a property becomes vacant and the number of people on the waiting list.

Can I bring my pet?

We operate a “no four legged pets” policy which means that animals such as cats and dogs are not permitted.

How do I apply to be on the waiting list(s)?

If you would like to register your interest online or request an application pack to be sent to you by post, Please Click Here. Alternatively you may telephone our administrator, Diane, on (01354) 653649 for more information.

Do I need to pay a deposit when I have accepted a property?

No, we do not require a deposit. Your rent becomes due from the start date of your Tenancy Agreement.

Can I get help with paying my rent and service charge?

You can contact Fenland District Council to find out if you can get help to pay your rent and service charge. The Administrator will be able to assist you if required.

What does the service charge cover?

The service charge covers the cost of providing the Administrator, Wardens, security systems and pull cord systems, external maintenance of the building and grounds, heating and lighting of all communal areas and also includes your water rates and building insurance. You will get information about these charges when you go to view a property. You will be responsible for your own council tax, phone bills, electricity bills and contents insurance for your property.

How do I make rent payments to Park Lodge Retirement Homes Ltd?

We prefer you to pay by Standing Order via your bank account although we will also accept cash or cheque payments. Cheques should be made payable to Park Lodge Retirement Homes Ltd.

Will my family and friends be able to stay?

Our Upwell Park and Elliott Lodge schemes both have a guest room which is available for family or friends to stay overnight whilst visiting you. Please make sure that you check guest room availability beforehand in case it has already been reserved. There will be an additional charge for this (subject to change).

Do I need separate contents insurance for my home if you organise buildings insurance for my scheme?

Yes. We only insure the structure of the building and this does not extend to residents’ contents. You are strongly advised to arrange your own separate contents insurance cover.